- April 2, 2019
- Comments Off on UN World Autism Awareness Day
April 2nd is World Autism Awareness Day! In observance of this day, the United Nations is hosting a panel discussion at the UN Headquarters in New York City addressing “Assistive Technologies, Active Participation”. The discussion will be live from 10 a.m – 1 p.m. E.S.T.
The discussion will address:
- The internet and digital communities: Leveling the playing field
- Independent living: smart home technology and more
- Education and employment: Communication and executive functioning
- Telemedicine: Opening the doors to healthcare
- The right to be heard: Political participation and advocacy
- August 16, 2017
- Comments Off on Technological Accessibility: The Future Begins with Federal Government Websites
In June 2017, the University of Pennsylvania Press published Disability, Human Rights, and Information Technology, edited by Jonathan Lazar and Michael Ashley Stein. The work is a collection of essays discussing barriers and accommodations for persons with disabilities in an increasingly technologically-driven world. Chapter 6, “Using Provincial Laws to Drive a National Agenda: Connecting Human Rights and Disability Rights Law”, by Ravi Malhotra and Megan A. » Read the rest
- October 22, 2015
- Kimberly Srivastava
- Comments Off on Bakerlaw Demands Government Adhere to Accessible Procurement Policies
Bakerlaw is currently working on bringing a case against the Federal Government for its failure to procure accessible technologies for its employees.