- May 31, 2010
- David Baker
Bakerlaw is a strong advocate in the area of mental health. We represent clients before the Consent and Capacity Board to challenge findings of involuntary admission, financial incapacity, findings of treatment incapacity and community treatment orders. Additionally, Bakerlaw assists clients in appeals of the Board’s decisions and with other mental health legal issues, We also represent clients before the Ontario Review Board which annually reviews the status of people found to be not criminally responsible or unfit to stand trial for criminal offences on account of a mental disorder.
We serve institutionalized clients throughout the Greater Toronto Area at the following Toronto hospitals (including clients who require the assistance of Legal Aid Ontario):
• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (Queen Street Site);
• Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (College Street Site);
• Hospital for Sick Children;
• St. Michael’s Hospital;
• Mt. Sinai Hospital;
• Toronto General Hospital;
• Toronto Western Hospital;
• St. Joseph’s Health Centre;
• North York General Hospital (General Site);
• Toronto East General Hospital; and
• Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre.
– This post is current as of the time of writing. Readers should not rely on this post as legal advice. –