Associate Lawyer Position Available
Bakerlaw is looking for a litigation associate lawyer with 2-5 years’ experience.
Bakerlaw is a small, progressive firm. We specialize in public interest work in civil litigation and administrative law, with emphasis on disability law, human rights and Charter litigation. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our clients, to the community and to broader systemic equality issues. For more information about the work we do, please see www.bakerlaw.ca.
We are looking for someone who:
- has previous experience in civil litigation
- has superior research, analytical and drafting skills
- has demonstrated a strong commitment to working with the community
- has a deep understanding and appreciation of equality issues, particularly those affecting persons with disabilities
- works independently, but readily seeks, and takes, advice
- handles responsibility well
- is dedicated to public interest law
- Salary will be dependent upon experience. All bakerlaw employees receive benefits after an initial 3 month probationary period.
If you would like to apply please submit a cover letter outlining your interest, a resume, transcripts, one personal and two professional references and a writing sample to email@example.com. We will remove this posting once the position has been filled.
Legal Administrator/Paralegal Position – Hiring in Progress
We are no longer accepting applications for this position. If you have submitted an application but have not received an email confirming receipt, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE SUMMER STUDENT & ARTICLING PROGRAM
Specializing in public interest work in civil litigation and administrative law, with an emphasis on disability law, human rights, and Charter litigation, we pride ourselves on our commitment to access to justice, to the community, and to broader systemic equality issues. Our summer and articling students demonstrate their dedication to these social justice issues in addition to possessing strong academic backgrounds, superior research, analytical and drafting skills and deep understanding and appreciation of equality issues.
The articling program at Bakerlaw offers students diverse, concrete experience with significant opportunity to work independently and assume primary carriage of files while becoming involved in all aspects of the firm’s work. A collaborative environment, supportive of professional development, in combination with the meaningful work completed by students, establish the superior learning experience offered by Bakerlaw.
Bakerlaw is not currently hiring. We will update this page if that changes.
Thank you for your interest in Bakerlaw.